The first BYU grad

In my interview on Monday for a position at Hope Academy on the westside of Detroit, the principal who has been a school administrator for 30 years said I was the first person who had attended school at BYU, and in fact in Utah, he had ever interviewed.

My main regret is that I said in explaining why I went to BYU that I was a Mormon instead of saying that I was a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. President Nelson was correct when in his talk in Montreal he said we have a lot of work to do within the Church to change how we speak of the Church.

I have already seen some people say that it cannot be done and that they will not even try.

It can be done and it should be done. Will we end all uses of Mormon? Probably not. Should we cut back and refer to The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in as many ways and by as many means as we can? Most defiately.

Comments

  1. So what about people that created I'm a Mormon profile, and will there be plans to shut that down or will someone go in and do a mass change to everybody profile stating that I am a Member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints instead of I'm a Mormon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have no idea what will happen in specific cases. All I know is what we have been counseled to do and I will seek to follow the counsel of the livibg prophet even Russell M. Nelson.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Defending Oaks balanced calls

Suing the "Mormon Corporate Empire"