A mexican leader forgotten

My long standing disagreement with some editors on Wikipedia has reached a boiling point. The article on Benjamin de Hoyos has been nominated for deletion. I am very frustrated about this. I am even more frustrated at what other articles may be deleted if this deletion is successful. I still think all the general authority seventies of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints are default notable, but even a lower level cut off seems not to gain much support.

The article on Benjamin de Hoyos was not only supported by reference to the well researched Ensign and Church News articles. It was supported by coverage of actions of de Hoyos in such publications as the Salt Lake Tribune. This is a new throwing down of a guantlet. Indepth article coverage is now being claimed to have to have the person per se as the main subject, even when the person's actions are clearly the main focus.

Area Presidents take clear and unequivocal actions, and yet the situation is ignored. I am tired of finding sources and yet having them always denigrated and attacked. I am tired of an editor occasionally nominating for deletion 4 articles in a day that I created. I am tired of articles that survived deletion attempts two or three months ago getting renominated for deletion.

Wikipedia inclusion criteria are not in any way uniform. The fact that sourced to one blog articles on Catholic bishops, or sourced to one stat table articles on athletes sit for ages while my multi-source articles on general authorities are nominated for deletion is very, very frustrating.

I am really fearful the next nomination for deletion will be the article on Edward Dube.

I have poured out lots of energy to built these articles. Them constantly being nominated for deletion is very, very frustrating to me. It has been causing my blood to boil. I wish there was a way I could change the tide or at least stem the uneven application of notability guidelines.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Defending Oaks balanced calls

Suing the "Mormon Corporate Empire"

The first BYU grad